Powerful tips to control your computer and website
Tools in OS Linux
There is only few built-in commands in bash which help us very much in processing large text files.
- grep – get only lines according given regular expression.
- wc – wc counts lines, bytes and characters
- cut – with one delimiter choose only parts from each line
- uniq – remove duplicates from input and place only unique lines on output
- sort – sorting all lines from input
Complete manual you can get if you use it with --help parameter. So to know more about grep, you'll write grep --help to get more info about usage of grep command.
Tools for Windows
There are few Unix tools simluations on Windows operating system. I'd like GNU utilities for Win32, because there are accesible directly from Windows command prompt. But you can use almost complete environment – Cygwin.